VC Circle - Indian Venture Capital, Private Equity, M&A :: Main Page
Where Does Vinod Khosla's Money Go?
by Sahad on Fri 30 Mar 2007 19:10 IST
Vinod Khosla has been actively investing since he floated Khosla Ventures. (It helps that the fund is made up of his own money). VC Ratings has a list of investments in cleantech. And we add a few Web 2.0 investments he has made recently.
1) Cellulosic - Mascoma, Celunol, Range Fuels, 1 stealth startup
2) Future Fuels - LS9, Gevo, Amyris Biotechnologies, Coskata Energy
3) Efficiency - Transonic Combustion, GroupIV Semiconductor, 1 stealth startup
4) Homes - Living Homes, Global Homes
5) Natural Gas - Great Point Energy
6) Solar - Stion, Ausra
7) Tools - Nanostellar, Codon Devices, Praj Industries
8) Water - 2 stealth startups
9) Plastic - Segetis, 1 stealth startups
10) Corn/Sugar Fuels - Altra, Cilion, Hawaii Bio
VC Circle adds:
11) Brenco (Brazilian sugar ethanol company)
12) SKS Microfinance (Microfinance)
Plus a list of Web 2.0 companies where Khosla has invested.
13) Frengo (Mobile messaging and contests)
14) FatKat (Quant-based stock investing)
15) iSkoot (Skype-to-mobile phone service)
16) Xobni (Email analytics)
17) Slide (Slide show creator of photos)
(The list may not be exhaustive.)