Sunday, May 01, 2005

Why great B Schools hardly mould great entrepreneurs

There is a lot of doughts in my mind. As by reading many articles and speaking to many people. I am always confused about two things. Is B school is the right thing who is having an entrepreneur skills. I read from many places that B schools while teach the complexities behind any problem and help us to think in a logical way than think with more of guts. I some how is forced to the belief that, it is the logical way which included lot of analysis and cross examination prevents people from taking the bold decision

I read an article in international psyhology that too much analysis will not end up in right decison .Some times we should be trained to work based on the instincts rather than digging and crunching the number theory and postulates.Is this the problem happening in B schools, Too much emphaisis on the number. Few months before I thought I was the only guy who think like this way. But I was happy to see that many Harvard MBAS like Aparna Piramal things like me. That's what tempted me to wtite this one.

I certainly assure that a B school educations is really good and teach u a lot more .I know that experience matters and its really hard a combination to find people with Good acads accompanies with good experience because the age we joining a company is not enough to develop both the skills and people cant be shining in one field if he is concentrating in the other one...

The author is Vijay chandran can be reached at vijayvijay@gmail. Vijays page .