Thursday, September 08, 2005

Evil loaded in free softwares beware..

I know much has been discussed about it earlier though. Yes Yahoo messenger comes bundling with hidden options of screwing your default search page and changing the home page and all the evil you can think about it. It also more hidden and I bet ordinary user will be having a hard time to find it out.

Is it Evil? If you ask me yes. Google the " we do no evil " company bundles its desktop search with such option . But is it a good startegy.

I will say yes in the short run. But the few users whose comments wiill be taken very seriously among the Geek community some of them are Jeremy Zawodny and John Battelle had already expressesed there views about it . I am personally against any one who tampers with my My PC.. I hate it to any extent you can think of.